Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Planning for a weekend alone

Most of the people in my RMU group are leaving this weekend to go to Venice, which leaves me in Paris with a few other people. I have started to plan what I want to get accomplished this weekend alone. For some reason all the places I have chosen to go to are morbid. On Friday I plan on going out to Saint Denis church, which is a burial location for Marie Antoinette and many other influential people. Saturday I will be heading to the Latin quarter to go into the Parthenon and into the crypt. I might also try and hit the crypt at Notre Dame on the same day along with the Holocaust Memorial. Last, but not least, Sunday is going to be a trip to the catacombs with the lovely Laura Gomez. I can't wait to see all these places, but I haven't gone to them yet because I want to go early in the day, but getting everyone together to go is difficult. This is the perfect time to go right when they open to avoid the long lines of tourists, although I am a tourist myself.

School is going great. I am really enjoying the classes, teachers, and students. The combination is creating a very dynamic classroom setting. I will miss the students and teachers when I go back to RMU, sometimes the classes aren't that exciting back home. I can't believe that I am almost half way done with this experience. Very unreal. Sometimes I still don't feel like I am in France, but am at home and relaxed.

Au Revoir!

2 comments: