Sunday, June 19, 2011

Brussels, Belgium

On Friday June 17th, almost 40 of us boarded a train to Brussels at 6 am to visit the European Commission and Direct Sell Europe. It was a really good trip, educational and fun. The city was so beautiful and relaxing. It was more laid back than Paris and felt safer as well. The streets were filled with nice people and nice vendors. On the first day we ate lunch at this little pizza place, the best pizza I have ever had. The lady that served us was super nice and spoke English. The place we had dinner at was Chez Leon. The mussels were scrumptious and the iced chocolate truffle was delicious. After dinner I spent the evening walking around with Jeanette, ViVi, and Antoine. We were able to see the little peeing man fountain and lit up buildings. On Saturday, I finished the new Sarah Dessen novel, What Happened to Goodbye. It was amazing! I was also able to purchase a ring that is beautiful at a street market.

 The other parts of the week weren't that exciting, filled with school and homework. I was able to do my laundry for the first time here. It was an experience. Only one thing shrunk, but it is all right.

Just figured out the slideshow app. Up in the right had corner are some pictures that have been taken while I'm here. Enjoy!

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment